Friday, December 5, 2014

Dissection

 Today in lab we dissected 5 different animals. A grasshopper, an earthworm, a crawfish, a starfish, and a shark. I'm an animal lover so I was a bit reluctant to actually cut the animal but the feeling subsided when my love of science took over. The most incredible part was definitely dissecting the starfish. You could just never imagine that they are so simple yet so complex. The shark was amazing as well. Sharks are one of my favorite animals so although it was slightly upsetting to see it dead I was completely amazed by the dissecting process. Today's lab was the most fun I've had in a class. Our teacher makes it interesting and keeps us laughing. Through the eye watering aroma of the formaldehyde we learned and had an incredible experience that I'll never forget and I'm sure my classmates feel the same.

http://jb004.k12.sd.us/MY%20WEBSITE%20INFO/PICS/STARFISH_4.jpg

http://www.savalli.us/BIO370/Anatomy/AnatomyImages/DogfishDissectionLabel.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment